21st September 2012
A welcome to our 7 millionth customer
- Posted in:
I would just like to welcome our 7 millionth registered customer. I realise you have only just joined us on the journey so thought I should call out some of the changes we have made to make NetBank even simpler.
1) We’ve made credit cards easier to understand, by adding contextual information around next due date, pending transactions and the popular money in and money out icon.
2) We’ve simplified savings and transactions accounts by making it easier to find your interest rate and discover any scheduled payments from your account.
3) I love the remember client ID feature! I log on to NetBank from my home, phone and tablet and it just speeds up the process. Hard to believe we had to convince all our security specialists to get this one over the line and now I notice that nearly everyone has added this feature.
4) Simplifying statements and replacing DR and CR with + and – (and colour coding for extra simplicity). When I joined the Turramurra branch 30 years ago it took me weeks to figure out that DR was money out and CR was money in.
5) I am always amazed at where customers log on to NetBank from (such as oilrigs off Scotland or the middle of Mongolia). To help these customers we now send NetCode SMS to most countries that have mobile reception.
6) Over twenty thousand of our customers are using NetBank to achieve their dreams by creating and tracking their goals. This is going to be a separate blog later but all I can say is we have a lot of customers who are either getting married or going on holidays.
7) These days I regularly forget passwords so I respect a site that has a safe and efficient way to find your username/client number and reset a password. The work we have done in NetBank is first class but still really safe. I had my team pull the data recently and this is being used over 50,000 times each month.
8) We’ve merged the + and – into one column which is going to create some space for some other great features later in the year. Stay tuned for more on this one.
9) We’ve simplified the top level navigation to make it easier to find those everyday things you want to do. Even I got confused on where to find stuff; I regard this as a work in progress.
10) My favourite is the footer at the bottom of the page so I can see the latest FX rates. I am buying a lot of audio books at the moment (just finished the Steve Jobs book and it is a must read), so it’s great to see what the latest rates are.
We are now getting to the pointy end of the year and have got some pretty exciting things coming up with CommBank Kaching and NetBank. While I spend a lot of time speaking to real customers I really want to hear what you would like so join in the conversation and leave a message on IdeaBank.