Giving the gift of life during National Blood Donor Week.
National Blood Donor Week (28 July to 3 August), pays tribute to donors across the nation who give more than 1.35 million life-saving blood, plasma and platelet donations each year. We are getting behind it as one of our initiatives to support the community.
Did you know?
- 1 in 3 Australians will need blood at some stage during their lifetime – but only 1 in 30 give it
- Blood and its components have shelf lives; with platelets only lasting 5 days
- Giving blood only takes one hour of your time and it can help save the life of up to three Australians
- A donation of 470 ml of blood is less than 10% of your total blood volume.
With this week’s emphasis on blood donations, we’re encouraging our staff and customers to consider taking one hour out of their day to give blood.
Getting involved is simple:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility to donate blood online or call 13 14 95
- Step 2: Donate blood at your nearest centre, click here to locate your nearest blood donor centre or call 13 14 95