The eagle has landed!
It was over 15 years ago that we launched our original NetBank ‘app’… I call it an app as you had to download it onto your PC. It even had a floating keyboard, which a lot of people think is safe, but that’s a different story.
What a lot of people don’t realise is that every six months we make big investments into NetBank and our mobile apps; and every other month we make smaller but significant changes. So I am really pleased to announce that the next update to NetBank is just 2 weeks away. Although you all won’t get it all on the same day, we will roll it out over the next month.
The easiest way to see the difference is to visit our site and watch a very tech saavy Bob and Doreen, find out whats new. But if you don’t want to wait then here are my top six highlights of our upcoming changes:
- We have collapsed the navigation to make it easier to find the things you want to do every day, we now have a new ‘mega menu’ where you can access most of the every day functions.
- We store two years of transactions in NetBank and customers just did not notice, so we have made it easier to find transactions, just look at the top of your transactions on the transaction history page.
- There’s now a universal footer across the bottom that display the top six Foreign Exchange (FX) rates. See my other blog on why I think FX rates are important. This is a great start and I’m keen to allow you to choose your own FX rates in the future
- Lots of customers want to know what the interest rate is on their account or when their credit card is due. We have added this onto the transaction history page so that it’s easier to find. We expect to add more relevant information on this page in future releases (just let me know what you want next!).
- Every month I spend money and have no idea what goes in and out, so we now have a feature that shows how much money you are spending each month (and how much you earn). My tip is to have more ins than outs, which brings me to the news that…
- Finally we have added a savings goal into NetBank. This feature was hugely popular in our labs and now you can add a goal, create a savings and then track your progress everytime you log into NetBank..
Plus it’s all wrapped up in a new look and feel. I hope you enjoy using it as much as the team enjoyed working on it – let us know.
See more of the irrepressible Bob and Doreen here.