The folks here at Team CommBank have just finished off a huge 12 months and I thought I would share a few the highlights and hint toward some of the changes that you might see later on in this year.
1. 2012 has been the year of the mobile and the the app. We’ve had over 3million of our apps dowloaded to iPhones, iPads, Androids, Windows devices and Chrome. I am loving the ads we have been running for our property guide and Kaching, check out the ads on our YouTube channel. My big disappointment was we haven’t got Android out as quickly as we wanted. The upside is we are making Kaching better than ever with more features being rolled out in coming weeks.
2. We made lots of changes to make NetBank even safer, some of them you can see and some you can’t. For our customers travelling overseas you can now use an overseas SIM to receive your NetCode and for some small value transactions you don’t even need NetCode. If you share an account with someone we also have a neat little indicator on the transaction history page. This is really important as I see the occasional complaint where people forget who they were sharing their account with!
4. We made sending money overseas a lot easier. We show the most popular exchange rates on every page in NetBank and made it a lot simple to choose your own limit. We even added more currencies. My personal favourite is still the Google Chrome FX app which makes it easy to convert currencies, but maybe cause I spend too much time daydreaming of holidays. By the end of the year we will completely refresh sending money overseas.
5. We trialled selling Telstra pre paid via NetBank and you have bought nearly 40k of Telstra vouchers. This little feature has really taken off (I even topped up my pre paid wireless when my home network died of old age) so we are going to make it a permanent feature. We are chatting with BigPond and Optus and plan to have them included by the end of the year.
6. The new look of NetBank sure was polarising but I think it was worthwhile. We are in the process of rolling out more pages which I am sure the vast majority will like. We have made lots of the little things easier to use such as search or finding the interest rate on your account or when your card is due.
7. We did lots of hygiene things to reduce error messages and improve the speed of NetBank, CommBank and Kaching. This is always a big focus so if something isn’t working let us know.
8. We have been trialling some neat things in the NetBank labs. We have a multi language version of NetBank, the Vault is something with a huge future and lots of customers want to be able to track their spending. We will be running another IdeaBank soon so get your thinking caps on.
I would love to know what you liked best or where we missed the mark, but more importantly what do you want from NetBank…?