In terms of work satisfaction, big may not always be best according to BRW. “Big businesses looking to the next wave of talent may want to take a page out of the books of the small Australian companies that have dominated this year’s BRW 50 Best Places to Work”, they claim. So do you work in one of the top places?
Read the full story here and find out.
10 ways to be a best place to work – according to BRW.
1. Offer staff a free day off on their birthday
2. Allow working from home one day a week where possible
3. Offer paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
4. Be flexible with working hours
5. More part-time or job-share positions
6. Well-being programs such as gym memberships and free flu shots
7. Make the workplace family friendly
8. Offer grievance counselling
9. Let staff take time off when they need it
10. Flexible annual leave (offer buy-back schemes)